© 2015 Almaden Women's Club
Welcome to the Almaden Valley Women's Club
The Almaden Valley Women's Club was founded in 1965. The purpose of our non-profit organization is to stimulate, by the active participation of each member, interest in the social, civic, and cultural improvement of our community.
What We Do
We are committed to serving the needs of the Almaden Valley community and those of greater San Jose through funds raised at our annual fundraiser – the Almaden Valley Art & Wine Festival (San Jose’s longest running festival - 39 years and counting). All proceeds from our festival are donated as community grants to educational facilities and non-profit community organizations and as Academic & Service Scholarships to graduating seniors living in Almaden Valley.
A partial list of organizations receiving Almaden Valley Women's Club Community Grants:
- Almaden Elementary School
- Almaden Valley Counseling Services
- American Assoc. of University Women
- Animal Assisted Happiness
- Assistance League of San Jose
- Castillero Education Foundation
- Child Advocates of Silicon Valley
- Family Supportive Housing
- Graystone Elementary School
- Live Oak Adult Day Services
- Los Alamitos Elementary School
- San Jose Public Library Foundation
- Simonds Elementary School
- Williams Elementary School
Accepting New Members!
Our success in serving the needs of our community for the last fifty years would not be possible without the devotion of many dedicated and fun loving women in Almaden Valley. All women who share our mission and values and live in Almaden are invited to become members. Please join us to see how you can make a difference!
President - Dawn Clarkson, VP Fundraising - Carina Armann, VP Membership - Denise Myrick, VP Programs - Brittney Weinerth, Secretary - Nicole Gittleson, Treasurer - Carina Beal
AVWC is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible under the legal guidelines permitted by law. Tax ID #94-1642137
Thank you for your support of the Almaden Valley Women's Club!